Wednesday, July 15, 2020

10 soldiers, 20 Boko Haram terrorists killed in Borno shooting

Must Read

Allowing investigation, prosecution to work, Buhari’s assistant tells PDP

Garba Shehu ABUJA - SENIOR Special Assistant to the President of Media and Advertising, Mallam Garba Shehu, on Tuesday warned...

Gokada CEO found murdered in his department

gives Co-founder and owner of "GoKada", a ride-sharing company, Fahim Saleh was found dead in his apartment in...

Nigeria’s non-participation in WASSCE 2020: irreparable damage

By Are Afe Babalol (SAN) Introduction It is a notorious fact that Nigerian Minister of Education Mallam Adamu Adamu had said...
10 soldiers, 20 Boko Haram terrorists killed in Borno shooting
File: Nigerian soldiers

By Ndahi Marama, Maiduguri

At least 10 soldiers and 20 insurgents were killed in a shooting on Saturday, after the ambush of troops by the Boko Haram sect along the Maiduguri-Damboa-Biu highway in Borno state.

One of the soldiers was killed along the Pulka-Ngoshe road in another shooting.

The incident, according to multiple sources, occurred separately in the vicinity of Dogon Waye (deceased NITEL masts, which is about a 45 km drive along the Maiduguri – Damboa road).

On the Pulka-Ngoshe highway, the source said the “incident took place around the Bokko settlement (Pulka / Bokko neighborhood) in the Gwoza local government area of ​​Borno state, with 10 others seriously injured, while some soldiers they are missing so far. Troops were said to be heading to their base in Ngoshe city when the attack occurred. The Bokko settlement is located along the Pulka – Ngoshe road, behind the Gwoza Mandara mountain, which it shares border with Cameroon.

One of the eyewitnesses, a passenger, Ali Isa, who managed to escape the attack, said: “Several members of the Boko Haram sect ambushed the Damboa road around 2 p.m. and opened fire on military escort vehicles. This led to the exchange of fire, a situation that left many victims fleeing to the bush for safety. ”

He noted that many people, including some members of the Joint Civilian Task Force, CJTF, in the company of the security escort vehicles, had to confront the terrorists, with many victims still missing at the time of publication.

A Civil-JTF member, who is not authorized to speak to the press but luckily escaped unharmed during the ambush, confirmed yesterday that more than 20 terrorists and nine soldiers were killed in the attack.

During the confrontation, more than 20 terrorists were killed. Unfortunately, we also lost nine of our soldiers escorting travelers from Maiduguri to Damboa. The attackers had also left with patrol vehicles belonging to our vigilante agents who were also part of the escort team, ”said the CJTF member.

Another motorist who maneuvered and made a U-turn to Maiduguri, Mallam Usman Abdulahi, said the attackers did not face civilian travelers.

The military authorities did not comment on the attacks. A text message sent to the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Sagir Musa, was not answered.

But when he finally answered his call, he said, “Sorry, I can’t answer you now, as I’m in transit.”

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Allowing investigation, prosecution to work, Buhari’s assistant tells PDP

Garba Shehu ABUJA - SENIOR Special Assistant to the President of Media and Advertising, Mallam Garba Shehu, on Tuesday warned...

Gokada CEO found murdered in his department

gives Co-founder and owner of "GoKada", a ride-sharing company, Fahim Saleh was found dead in his apartment in New York.

Nigeria’s non-participation in WASSCE 2020: irreparable damage

By Are Afe Babalol (SAN) Introduction It is a notorious fact that Nigerian Minister of Education Mallam Adamu Adamu had said that Nigeria will not participate...

Panel requests acquisition files, grills 4 heads of EFCC units

Acting President of EFCC, Ibrahim Magu.By Emma Nnadozie, crime editor and Johnbosco Agbakwuru The investigation of the suspended interim president of the Commission on Economic...

Solskjaer says he will keep faith in De Gea

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he has never considered dropping David de Gea "for a second" as the Spanish goalkeeper prepares to make his 400th...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -