5 scriptures from the Bible that talk about loving your neighbor as you love yourself.
5 bible verses about loving your neighbor: Mark 12:31 – “The second most important command is this: Love your neighbor the same as you love yourself. These two commands are the most important.”
The Bible has a large number of stringent rules, which encourage us to push ourselves to our limits. None of these, however, compare to the difficulty of the requirement that we love our neighbors as much as we love ourselves.
According to Mark 12:29–31, this is the second most important commandment, just after the first and most important one, which is to love God.
“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these”, He says.
5 bible verses about loving your neighbor
Here are five scriptures from the Bible that demonstrate why obeying this commandment is so critical.
1. 1 John 4:21- “And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.”
2. Leviticus 19:18- “Forget about the wrong things people do to you. Don’t try to get even. Love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.”
3. Matthew 25:40- “The king will answer them, ‘I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you did for one of my brothers or sisters, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did for me.'”
4. Matthew 7:12- “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.”
5. Romans 13:8-10- “Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”
bible verses about loving your neighbor, love thy neighbor verses, love your neighbor bible verse, love your neighbour bible verse, love thy neighbor bible verses, love your neighbor bible verses, bible verses about love your neighbor