Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti says he is happy with the current squad and will not seek a back-up for Karim Benzema in January.
The Ballon d’Or-winning striker, who turns 35 in December, has suffered thigh injuries this season and missed most of the club’s games in September.
“We are not thinking about the winter window, we are not interested,” Ancelotti said at a press conference on Saturday, before Sunday’s clash between Real Madrid and Girona.
“This is the team that will continue until the end of the season and will not change.”
The coach said that Benzema will not face Girona despite training on Friday, while Rodrygo was a doubt after feeling bad during the night.
“After training he didn’t feel comfortable, he did a test, there’s no problem but you have to take into account how he feels,” Ancelotti said.
“There are clinical tests, which say that there is no problem, but then there is how the player feels, and they say that he is not 100 percent”.
On the contrary, Luka Modric, Fede Valverde, Dani Ceballos and Mariano will return to the lead after various injury problems.
Madrid suffered their first loss of the season in all competitions to Leipzig on Tuesday but had already qualified for the Champions League round of 16.
Goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois criticized the team after the match, saying they came out “asleep” against the Bundesliga side.
“What Thibaut said was not fierce, it was fair,” Ancelotti said.
“Now we don’t have to think too much about what happened in Leipzig, it’s over, we saw it and now we’ll correct it.”