Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Apple takes to court for alleged monopoly of gaming vidoe

Must Read

Kwara Poly Rector Debunks Accusations Against School

The rector of the Kwara State Polytechnic, in Ilorin, Ing (Dr) Jimoh Mohammed, denied on Tuesday the accusations...

Sanwo-Olu apologizes for the action of the soldiers

Extend curfew to 72 hours Establishes a 5-man fact-finding C'ttee led by retired Gen Promises to take the case to Buhari,...

Sanwo-Olu Retracts, Says #EndSARS Protester Killed in Reddington

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State.Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has taken a 180 degree turn from...

Apple has been indicted in a lawsuit of monopolizing the mobile gaming market by keeping competitors in the market for subscription gaming services away from the iPhone.

The practice results in higher prices and fewer options for gamers who subscribe to Apple Arcade, according to the lawsuit filed Thursday in federal court in San Jose, California. Subscribers to the service download games that can be played on their various Apple devices.

Apple’s App Store rules have kept Microsoft, Google and Facebook, all big players in the mobile games market, out of the iPhone app store after it launched the service last year, according to John Pistacchio of New Jersey, an Apple Arcade subscriber who says it has been forced to “pay supra-competitive prices” due to the company’s “anti-competitive conduct”.

Apple blocked competing services for a number of reasons, including because they stream games directly from the internet rather than being installed on the iPhones themselves. Apple has also blocked individual apps from offering access to multiple games, meaning launching rival services on the iPhone is essentially impossible.

In September, Apple eased its restrictions on third-party game services, allowing such apps if they meet complex requirements.

Tech Central

All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in whole or in part without the written permission of NEWS.

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Kwara Poly Rector Debunks Accusations Against School

The rector of the Kwara State Polytechnic, in Ilorin, Ing (Dr) Jimoh Mohammed, denied on Tuesday the accusations...

Sanwo-Olu apologizes for the action of the soldiers

Extend curfew to 72 hours Establishes a 5-man fact-finding C'ttee led by retired Gen Promises to take the case to Buhari, high command of the Nigerian...

Sanwo-Olu Retracts, Says #EndSARS Protester Killed in Reddington

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State.Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has taken a 180 degree turn from his earlier claim that none...

UEFA abandons bid to hold under-19 finals

UEFA has given up holding its U19 championships in Northern Ireland and canceled the tournament, which had already been postponed several times.

UK High Commission closes visa centers in Nigeria

By Perez Brisibe The UK High Commission in Nigeria said on Wednesday that it has closed its centers in Nigeria for the next...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -