Community Volunteer at Multi Aid and Charity Initiative (MACI) – Read this application guide carefully, the direct application link is just below this guide.
Multi Aid and Charity Initiative (MACI) is a registered non-governmental and nonprofit organization majorly concerned with improving the health and well-being condition of women and children, advocacy, and Peacebuilding through policies and programs designed, aimed at salvaging the devastating situation caused by the conflict over a decade. MACI’s humanitarian interest includes; Gender-based Violence, Girl Child Education, Women and Youth, Empowerment, Sexual and Reproductive Health Education, Community Health Education, Food Security, Nutrition and Livelihood, Camp Coordination, and Camp Management. MACI has reached over 10,000 vulnerable women and children with life support and life-changing services in Northeast Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Volunteer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Part-time
- The purpose of this role is to coordinate and lead community engagement and mobilization activities for the response programmes in line with International minimum standards in Northeast Borno states.
- The post holder will be supervised technically by the Education Assistant and expected to work very closely with other members of the programmes team.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities
In collaboration with the Field Team and Education Project officer, the Community Volunteer will be:
- Strengthened community awareness on girl-child education across the project location
- Ensure that the core values of PSEA/GBV, its fundamentals, protocols and processes are well enshrined in the project implementation.
- Support the setting up of reporting channel and support for the girls in the school
- Support the training of School based management committees, Head Teachers and PTA’s.
- Support Inter School Study tour for Advocacy and life skills for Girls (G4G)
- Support Interactive sessions with Selected G4G facilitators and teachers at School Level
- Support community advocates to develop participatory media and other IEC materials to use in the community to raise awareness;
- Facilitate community mobilization/sensitization campaigns
- Engage in school visits and supervision.
- Perform any other project-related duties as specified by the Education Assistant
Qualifications and Experience
- BA / B.Sc / HND / OND / SSCE in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, or related fields
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience in community engagement
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Experience working with IDPs and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Experience in Community-Based programming
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence and developing/implementing referral pathways and case management systems.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2023.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single Document to:
Submit Hard Copy to the Head Office at:
No. 2, Behind CAC,
Jalingo Street, Damboa Road,
Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Eligibility: The position is open to local Borno State residents only.
- MACI Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) .
- As an organization, MACI is dedicated to improving the lives of the world’s most vulnerable populations through evidence and policy. We also recognize how important it is for our staff to reflect the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with. As such,
- MACI is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives.
- Please note that the hiring manager will contact only qualified applicants
- Applicants must be from Community around the schools mentioned below:
|JERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT EDUCATION AUTHORITY|
|JERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL|
|S/N||NAME OF SCHOOL|
|1||ABBAGANA TERAB 505 HOUSING ESTATE JUNIOR SECONDARY SCH.|
|2||CHAD BASIN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|3||DALA I JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|4||DALORI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|5||FARIYA JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|6||FOGOLI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|7||GALTIMARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|8||GOMARI II JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|9||GONI KACHALLARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|10||MAFONI GALTIMARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|11||MAIMUSARI II JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|12||MOLAI KANURIBE JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|13||OLD MAIDUGURI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|14||SHEHU SANDA KYARIMI I JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|15||BULABULIN BOLIBE PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|16||BULAMA MODURI PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|17||CHAD BASIN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY P/S|
|18||DALA II PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|19||DUSUMAN PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|20||GOMARI I PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|21||GONGULONG LAWANTI PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|22||MAIMUSARI I PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|23||MOLAI SHUWARI PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|24||MUNA KORERI PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|25||SHUWARI PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|MAIDUGURI METROPOLITAN COUNCIL|
|LOCAL EDUCATION AUTHORITY|
|LIST OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN MMC|
|S/N||NAME OF SCHOOLS|
|1||MODUGANARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|2||ZAJIRI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|3||MAFONI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|4||GONI DAMGARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|5||BULUMKUTTU JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|6||UMARARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|7||ALIYASKIRI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|8||BUDUM JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|9||GAMBORU I JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|10||GWANGE I JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|11||STATE LOW COST JUNIOR SECONDARY SCH.|
|12||ABBAGANARAM JUIOR SECONDARY SCH.|
|13||MAFONI LIBERTY JUNIOR SECONDARY SCH|
|14||FEDERAL LOW COST JUNIOR SECONDARY SCH|
|15||MAFONI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL|
|16||YERWA CENTRAL PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|17||MALA KACHALLA MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|18||KAMSULUM PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|19||BUDUM PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|20||GWANGE I PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|21||GWANGE IV PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|22||UMARARI PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|23||YERWA PRACTING PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|24||BOLORI PRIMARY SCHOOL|
|25||ABBAGANARAM PRIMARY SCHOOL|