Applications are now open for ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 in Switzerland for international students. The ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowship (ETH Fellows) program supports upcoming postdoctoral researchers at ETH Zurich. The program aims to promote young researchers who have already demonstrated scientific excellence in the early stages of their careers.
These fellowships aim to provide early support for achieving academic independence, and therefore priority will be given to applicants who propose their own projects. Therefore, it is important that applicants come up with their own ideas and draft the application themselves, and that the applicant and mentor have not collaborated closely prior to the fellowship.
Details of ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships
|Fellowship name||ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships|
|Delivery time||March 1, 2024|
The duration of the ETH Fellowship is Two years It cannot be long.
All research areas available at ETH Zurich
The fellowship covers the fellow’s salary (100%, based on ETH standards). From 2024, the following rates will apply:
|year||Total salary||Total prices|
|1||91,280 Swiss francs||105,000 Swiss francs|
|2||95,860 Swiss francs||110,200 Swiss francs|
|the total||185,140 Swiss francs||215,200 Swiss francs|
Aggregate rates should be used to prepare the budget. It includes 15.0% of the social security contributions that ETH Zurich must pay.
ETH fellows are also entitled to receive 10,000 Swiss francs per year to cover research expenses, including travel/mobility allowances and contributions to research costs. The budget allocated for travel and research costs may not be used to cover salary costs, and vice versa.
- At the time of the application deadline, applicants must have a doctoral degree (PhD) or will be completing a doctoral degree within the next six months.
- Applicants with a doctoral (Ph.D.) degree must have obtained it a maximum of two years before the application deadline. The crucial date is the date of examination or sonogram.
- Applicants who have not yet completed their doctoral degree must submit a certificate of the scheduled date of their defense signed by the advisor or department head. The examination or viva voce must have been completed by the time the fellowship begins.
- Applicants must have at least one scientific publication in a peer-reviewed journal or have received an award for their doctoral thesis.
See also: IST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023 in Austria [Fully Funded]
The deadline for ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships for 2024 is 01 March 2024
How to apply:
- Applications must be submitted jointly by the candidate and the potential host, who must be a professor at ETH Zurich and willing to act as a mentor for the fellow.
- There must be a compelling synergy between the host (pool) and the ETH peer.
- These fellowships aim to provide early support for achieving academic independence, and therefore priority will be given to applicants who propose their own projects.
- Therefore, it is important that applicants come up with their own ideas and draft the application themselves, and that the applicant and mentor have not collaborated closely prior to the fellowship.
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the designated website Online system.
- Documents to be attached are listed in the Application Instructions (PDF, 414 KB).
To call- For more information about the ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme, please contact [email protected].
SEE MORE Fully Funded Scholarships