Everything about Jon Cryer: early life, family, relationship, net worth, films and TV shows: In order for a human being to master a talent or craft, they must put in a significant amount of practice time. One of the most effective methods of developing young talent is to expose them to their field of interest as early as possible. Jon Cryer is one of the fortunate individuals who was provided with the essential assistance and exposure to his field of interest at a young age by his parents. As of today, he is able to quickly establish rapport with his audience, exhibits a thick skin, and remains up to date on the latest trends and events in the entertainment world.
Jon Cryer (born April 16, 1965) is an American actor who was born in New York City, United States of America. Jonathan Niven Cryer is his full legal name.He is an accomplished television director, comedian, and actor from the United States. His zodiac sign is Aries, and his ancestors are of mixed European descent. In addition to being born into a family of famous celebrities, he was exposed to the cinema and television industries from an early age.
- Name: Jonathan Niven Cryer (commonly known as Jon Cryer)
- Age: 54 years
- Date of birth: 16th of April 1965
- Place of birth: New York City, United States of America
- Nationality: American
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Ethnicity: Mixed
- Father: Donald David Cryer
- Mother: Gretchen Cryer
- Grandfather: Rev. Donald W. Cryer
- Siblings: Robin & Shelly
- Spouse: Sarah Trigger (1999 – 2004), Lisa Joyner (2007 to date)
- Children: Charlie Austin, Daisy Cryer
- Alma mater: Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Centre, Bronx High School of Science, Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London
- Profession: Television director, comedian, actor
When Jon was twelve years old, he was certain that he wanted to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. Gretchen, his mother, was the first person he told about his dream. Gretchen was proud of her son, but she also believed that he needed a second career to fall back on. She proposed that we install plumbing. The actor enrolled in acting classes at the Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Center in New York City. He completed the courses during the summer months. He received his diploma from the Bronx High School of Science in 1983. Jon chose not to attend college, despite the fact that his mother encouraged him to do so. As a result, he decided to participate in a short program at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, which is located in London.
Gretchen Cryer, the comedian’s mother, is a famous actress. She is a seasoned songwriter, playwright, singer, and actress with a diverse body of work. Donald David Cryer is his father’s given name. Donald was a clergyman who went on to pursue a career in music and acting. His grandpa, the Rev. Donald W. Cryer, was a well-known Methodist clergyman in the area. Jon has two younger brothers and sisters. Shelly and Robin.
While still in his early childhood, Jon began appearing in plays and commercials. Torch Song Trilogy was the title of his first stage performance, which took place on Broadway. A similarity between him and Matthew Broderick led to him being cast as David, and he was chosen to play the role as a replacement for Broderick. A short time later, he was cast in Brighton Beach Memoirs as Broderick’s replacement, which was a critical success. After being cast in the comedy No Small Affair, Jon Cryer’s career as a professional actor began to come into focus. Charles Cummings, the main character in this comedy film, was played by him in the starring role. His outstanding performance provided him with fresh acting possibilities. Throughout the years, he has been in numerous films and television shows.
Films and TV shows
There have been a number of films in which this actor has appeared, listed below are some of them.
- Plan B (1997): He featured in the movie in the character of Stuart Winer.
- Went to Coney Island on a Mission from God… Be Back by Five (1998): He featured as Daniel. He also got credits both as a writer and producer of this movie.
- Holy Man (1998): He featured in the character of Barry.
- Glam (2001): He was Jimmy Pells in this film.
- The Metro Chase (2003): He was a voice actor in this film. He was the voice of Richard Pig.
- Tortured (2008): He portrayed the character of Brian.
- Weather Girl (2009): He was Charles in this movie.
- Shorts: The Adventures of the Wishing Rock (2009): He featured as Bill Thompson.
- Stay Cool (2009): He portrayed the character of Javier.
- Due Date (2010): He had a cameo role in this film where he featured as Alan Harper.
- Backwards (2013): He acted as Dean Morris.
- Hit by Lightning (2014): He portrayed the character of Ricky Miller.
- Big Time Adolescence (2019): He featured in this film in the character of Reuben Harris.
- Family Guy (2001): He was a voice actor in one episode. Its title was There’s Something About Paulie.
- Andy Richter Controls the Universe (2002): In the episode, Gimme a C, Jon acted as Lemuel Praeger.
- The Practice (2002): He portrayed the character of Terry Pender.
- Becker (2003): He acted as Roger in this show.
- Hey Joel (2003): He was the voice of Joel Stein in four episodes. These were Dark Week, Judgment Day, Tattoos and Taboos, and Dream.
- Stripperella (2003): He was a voice actor in this television show. He voiced different characters. He was Dave in The Bridesmaid, Clifton in Beauty and the Obese: Part 1 and Clifford in Beauty and the Obese: Part 2.
- Two and a Half Men (2013- 2015): He starred in this television series as Alan Harper. This was a leading role in which he featured in 262 episodes. He was the director of three episodes of this award-winning series.
- Danny Phantom (2005- 2006): He was the voice of Freakshow in two episodes
- American Dad! (2006): He was the voice of Quacky.
- Hannah Montana (2010- 2011): He featured in this show as Kenneth Truscott.
- Husbands (2012): He acted as Vic Del Rey in the episodes, A Better Movie of What We’re Like and The Straightening.
- Robot Chicken (2018): He voiced the characters Ziggy and Brainy Smurf.
- Will & Grace (2018): He appeared as himself in the episode, Kid ‘N Play.
- Drop the Mic (2018): He appeared as himself in the episode, Odell Beckham Jr. vs. Shawn Mendes/ Molly Ringwald vs. Jon Cryer.
- Who Do You Think You Are? (2018): He appeared as himself.
- Supergirl (2019- present): He is currently starring in this television show in the recurring role of Lex Luthor.
In 1984, he was in a relationship with actress Demi Moore. On the set of No Small Affair, the two became fast friends. Later in life, the actor was romantically involved with British actress Sarah Trigger. In 1999, the relationship progressed to marriage. In 2000, he and Sarah became the parents of a son named Charlie Austin. Unfortunately, the couple divorced in 2004 after a long marriage.
In February 2004, the actor stated that he and Lisa Joyner were planning to tie the knot. After a year together, the pair got married in June of the following year. A private wedding ceremony was arranged in Mexico for the couple. Daisy, the couple’s daughter, was born in 2009 through adoption. She has reached the age of ten. Jon Cryer’s wife is a producer and actor who works in the entertainment industry.
Jon has a Facebook profile that has received more than 20.2k likes. He also has a Twitter account, which has at least 257K followers, according to the most recent figure. He is more active on Twitter, where he frequently updates his followers on the latest developments in his personal life. He also expresses his political beliefs in a candid manner.
Jon has a thin and gorgeous body build that makes him stand out. It takes him 5 feet 9 inches (175 centimetres/ 1.75 metres) to stand at the top of the stairs. He has a body weight of approximately 74 kilogrammes (163 lbs). His eyes are blue and he has dark brown hair. His geeky physical look, as well as his dimpled face, are two of his distinguishing characteristics.
The actor has had a successful acting career. He will be eternally grateful to his parents for the support, encouragement, and exposure that they provided him throughout his life. Jon has earned an undisclosed sum of money for his many acting gigs. He has also been in other films. The part of Alan Harper on the award-winning television program Two and a Half Men made him one of the highest-paid television performers in Hollywood at the time, thanks to his salary. He was paid $650,000 per show, which was a substantial sum. His estimated net worth today is $65 million.
Jon Cryer is a well-known and accomplished American actor, best remembered for his role as Alan Harper on the television series Two and a Half Men. Over the course of his acting career, he has also been in various television episodes and films as well. Being up in an entertainment household gave him early exposure to the industry. He has now gone on to establish himself as a successful businessman. Aside from being an actor, he is also a devoted husband and father.
jon cryer, how tall is jon cryer, jon cryer net worth, jon cryer age, how old is jon cryer, jon cryer wife, jon cryer siblings, jon cryer movies and tv shows