EXCLUSIVE: Alleged Rape: I’m Innocent, My Accuser Was Framed – Actor, Moses Armstrong

0
89

Embattled nollywood Actor Moses Armstrong has once again insisted that he is not a rapist.

The actor is accused of raping a minor, an accusation that he vehemently denied.

In June 2022, Armstrong was arraigned on charges of “rape” and “threatening life.”

He was prosecuted for allegedly raping a minor, a teenager he adopted and who has been living with his family (Mr. Armstrong’s).

The plaintiff was first prosecuted before a Court of First Instance in Uyo on June 17, but the case was annulled after the Magistrate, Samuel Ukoima, ruled that the matter had not been properly filed.

Armstrong was also charged with rape, intimidation, conspiracy, and supplying drugs or instruments to cause abortion.

He pleaded not guilty to all four charges.

On Wednesday, the case against the actor resumed hearing in court where his accuser testified.

The case was then adjourned until January 19, 2023.

In an interview with PREMIUM TIMES on Friday, the actor’s lawyer Emmanuel Pantaleon described the case as a blackmail attempt.

READ ALSO: Electoral Law Project: Why direct primaries are not feasible – Jega

According to Armstrong, who said he is innocent, his accuser lived with him for four years.

She left the house on her own afterwards. She wanted to go back, but he refused.

He further said that after two years of being out of the house, she began with the accusations.

“My arrest and detention affected my career in some way. Before my arrest, I had four prominent jobs, but when I was released, they had been given to me for free. I’m still building little by little,” she said.

READ ALSO:   Actress Nkechi Blessing advocates for the approval of gender laws

He added that while he was in custody, the girl in question came to visit him crying.

“He said that he had dropped the case and that was not what they told him. It was obvious that she was being manipulated,” she said.

Age of Moses Armstrong

The actor, a former aide to Akwa Ibom state governor Emmanuel Udom, described his suspension by the Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN, as unfortunate.

According to him, the Guild disowned him for bigotry.

“I saw my suspension as intolerance because I am not Igbo. If I were Igbo, things would have taken a different turn. Two other AGN members who are Igbo had the same problem, but were not suspended.

“However, Rollas chose to issue a suspension even without hearing from me, without hearing from my lawyer or my manager. It was pure intolerance. This is a union that I have served diligently for the last 23 years,” he said.

no speculation

Speaking to this newspaper, Armstrong’s lawyer confirmed that the case has been opened for hearing.

According to him, the whistleblower testified halfway through before it was adjourned to January.

“We cannot speculate at this time. The case is in court, so we are not allowed to comment.

“When the case resumes, there may be possible cross-examination of the key witness,” he said.

Background

In August, after perfecting the conditions of his bail, the actor was released from prison.

He was suspended by the Screen Actors Guild of Nigeria following the rape accusation.

The Akwa Ibom State-born actor, who began his career 23 years ago, lost his wife, Rita, in 2018.

READ ALSO:   Amina film: Absence of historical data, archives pose a challenge

The mother of two was returning to her husband’s residence in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, from Lagos, when the bus she was traveling in had an accident on the Ugbogui axis of the Benin Ore Lagos highway.

Rita, a Nollywood actress, died from spinal injuries sustained during the accident.

Read More Related News Here

Let here it in the comment below if you do have an opinion on this; EXCLUSIVE: Alleged Rape: I’m Innocent, My Accuser Was Framed – Actor, Moses Armstrong