The Google AI First Accelerator Program for African Startups is now accepting applications.
A 10-week equity-free accelerator program for Seed to Series A startups based in Africa or building Africa-centered solutions with technology. The Accelerator program is sector-agnostic but will only accept applications from startups leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning from any vertical.
The AI First program is designed for startups that are building products or services that use artificial intelligence in a transformative way. Google is looking for companies with a strong team and a clear vision of how AI can be used to solve real-world challenges.
Read also: AERC PhD Fellowship 2023/2024 for Sub-Saharan African Countries.
Google AI First Accelerator Program Entry Criteria
- Startups demonstrating traction, ideally between Seed and Series A stage.
- Building a scalable product or service with a significant total addressable market and defensible growth model.
- Deeply technical, preferably leveraging technologies like Machine Learning and AI.
- Commitment from CTO and/or technical roles to participate and engage in required program sessions.
Google AI First Accelerator Program Benefits
- Equity-free 10 weeks of equity-free support.
- Google product creditsEligible startups receive product credits.
- Founder network: Connect and get support from fellow founders as a part of Google for Startups alumni network.
- Custom Mentorship: Receive tailored product and leadership support from Google mentors and industry experts.
- Google product support and advice Learn product tips and tricks directly from the Googlers who built them.
- Exposure: Exposure to potential partners, VCs and investors interested in AI First tech startups.
How to Apply for Google AI First Accelerator Program.
Interested candidates for the Google AI First Accelerator Program should fill out the application form online.
Go to the Google AI First Accelerator Program application portal via the link below.
- Please be descriptive and ensure all links can be accessed by a representative from Google using an @google.com domain.
- Data collected in this form will be used to select startups to participate in a Google Accelerator program or notify you of open application cycles if you have registered your interest.
- To receive an auto-generated email of the questions on this application form, email email@example.com with the subject line: “Application Questions Request”
- Data from non-accepted applicants will be kept for a maximum of 2 years unless a user requests for deletion prior to data expiration. You can request rectification or deletion of any personal data held by Google in connection with the Accelerator program by writing to Google at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 14 days for us to process your request.
- Accepted applicants who then continue to participate and graduate from the Google for Startups Accelerator program will have application data stored for 7 years in the archive after removal of personally identifiable information (i.e. names, contact information) and any uploaded documents. If accepted, you may consent to have some company data stored longer than 7 years as a Google for Startups Accelerator alumni for tracking the long-term impact of our program.
Read also: GHAI Healthy Food Policy Advocacy Fund 2023.
Google for Startups Accelerator: AI First
- August 22, 2023: Applications Open
- September 6, 2023: Application Deadline
- SEPTEMBER 2023: Program Kickoff