Outstanding students from all around the world are offered scholarship opportunities by the Flemish Ministry of Education to attend master’s programs in Flanders and Brussels. The program aims to highlight Brussels and Flanders as top study destinations.
The following are the host institutions;
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Level/Field of study
All eligible master’s degree programs, excluding preparatory, bridge, and distance learning programs, are offered at participating Flemish institutions.
Number of awards
1st Feb – 6th April, 2023 (annual)
International students from all countries are invited. However, a number of scholarships are reserved for students from specific countries; Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2), and USA (5).
A Master Mind Scholarship comes with a stipend of €9,600 and a waiver of the annual tuition price. Only an administrative enrolling fee is charged to recipients of the Master Mind Scholarship. The Flemish Host Institution may request that the applicant pay a tuition fee that is equal to the lowest annual tuition cost for a student who gets a study grant from the Flemish government. The fee is €128,80 for the academic year 2023–2024.
For a Master’s program of 60 ECTS, the term of mobility is one academic year, and for a master’s program of 120 ECTS, it is two academic years.
- The candidate submits an application to enroll in a Master’s degree program at a university in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’)
- The candidate must demonstrate a high level of academic ability or achievement. The student must have a 3.5 out of 4.0 Grade Point Average.
- The candidates must demonstrate fluency in the English Language (You can refer the official website for specific requirements)
- To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must be accepted by the Host institution. This requirement still holds true even if the Host school decides to accept the student after choosing the Master Mind Scholarships program.
- The applicant can only be nominated by one Flemish higher education institution. In the event that the applicant is preselected by more than one Flemish higher education, the candidate will be expected to pick one Flemish Higher Institution that he/she will submit the application into the Mobility Online Tool.
- Except for Russians, any nationalities may apply. The preceding degree should have been earned from a university outside of Flanders.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a Flemish Higher Education cannot apply
Direct applications from students are not permitted. The host institution must receive your application. The application must be filed online by the Flemish host institution, which preselects the acceptable applications. The application deadline is April 28, 2023, 23:59 GMT. The internal deadlines established by the Flemish Host Institution must be consulted; they can range from 1 February to 6 April 2023.
For detailed information on How to apply for this scholarship, it is important to read the How to Apply Page on the official institution website.
The official scholarship website is available here.