Monday, September 28, 2020

JAMB relaxes restrictions to help pre-2020 services

Must Read

Nengi emerges second finalist

Big Brother Naija's housemate, Nengi has become the second finalist in the closed edition of the 2020...

Comparison of protests / strikes in the UK and Nigeria by Lauretta Onochie

By Nwafor Sunday President Muhammadu Buhari's social media assistant, Ms Lauretta Onochie, conducted a comparative analysis of strikes in Nigeria...

Manchester City sign defender Ruben Dias from Benfica for 62 meters

Pep Guardiola and defenders. It has been an expensive exercise for Manchester City.Still...

The Joint Admissions and Enrollment Board (JAMB) says it has lifted the suspension previously imposed on some processes on its platforms to accommodate more applications from candidates who took the UTME before 2020.

The board made this known in a statement in Abuja on Sunday by its Public Relations Officer (PRO), Dr. Fabian Benjamin.

According to him, JAMB lifted the suspension of the processes that cover those years to ensure that the candidates who took the exams during the period and who required certain corrections of their processes are accommodated.

As you may already know, the need to avoid overcrowding in his computer testing centers and other associated facilities, in accordance with the existing COVID-19 protocols issued by the relevant agencies, led him to allow candidates to seek corrections and other processes only through the Unified Tertiary Enrollment Exam (UTME) or the 2020 Direct Entry (DE) platforms.

This measure had the intended effect of limiting the number of people visiting the centers.

“As the government continues to ease the blockade that leads to the resumption of students in exit classes, the number of candidates for UTME 2020 who need one service or another in the various centers has been drastically reduced.

“Therefore, the board has decided to open its platforms to accommodate more requests, especially from previous years,” he said.

According to him, all requests for the printing of admission letters, interuniversity transfers, condoning of illegitimate admissions and other processes from previous years that until now had been suspended will now be reinstated as of August 31.

“However, it should be noted that most of these operations are only available at JAMB offices across the country. “Furthermore, given that the board wishes to maintain compliance with the COVID-19 protocols, it maintains that UTME 2020 candidates who desire these services will only be served through the Appointment Booking Platform.

“They could access it online through their phones to ensure a set date and time for an appointment. ”The Board urged all state offices to ensure that all clients comply with all existing COVID -19 protocols.

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Nengi emerges second finalist

Big Brother Naija's housemate, Nengi has become the second finalist in the closed edition of the 2020...

Comparison of protests / strikes in the UK and Nigeria by Lauretta Onochie

By Nwafor Sunday President Muhammadu Buhari's social media assistant, Ms Lauretta Onochie, conducted a comparative analysis of strikes in Nigeria and the UK on Monday.

Manchester City sign defender Ruben Dias from Benfica for 62 meters

Pep Guardiola and defenders. It has been an expensive exercise for Manchester City.Still trying to fill the glaring...

Buhari’s minister calls for peace in Enugu APC

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, has called for a peaceful resolution of the infighting in the Enugu State chapter of the All Progressives...

Trump seeks pre-debate drug test for sleepy Biden

President Donald trump has repeated his "sleep" calls Joe Biden, Democratic presidential candidate, to take a drug test before your next debate. This...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -