Liaison Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – France – Read this application guide carefully, the direct application link is just below this guide.
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Liaison Officer
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Give support to external administrative work and to the coordination team in obtaining working/travel permits, as well as all official contacts, procedures and importation of goods, according to local and international laws and MSF procedures, in order to ensure the smooth running of MSF activities.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all MSF staff has applied and obtained on time any visa, stay, travel or working permits in the mission country according to needs, and keep information on legal, administrative procedures.
- Follow up on any new or modification of Nigerian policies relative to immigration and COVID19 regulations
- Write and keep updated guidelines about visa procedures in Nigeria and MSF policies relative to it.
- Work in close collaboration with the travel service (departure office) in the headquarters. Keep informed about ongoing processes, specific situations or changes in the procedures related to visas, working permits, etc.
- Establish and maintain professional contacts with relevant authorities, depending on the context and the needs of the mission.
- Arrange meetings related to administrative issues, as well as attend them.
- Keep a complete and updated detailed list of all useful contacts in the Country/Mission with names, telephones, addresses and other relevant details.
- Ensure, together with the Coordinator members that all MSF activities are running lawfully and in agreement with the Memorandum of Understanding in all administrative or customs related issues and inform about any possible risks or problems.
- Ensure that no illegal money is paid to any authorities or any individual andpromoting and sharing MSF principles and values at all levels.
- Keep all documentation and files updated, properly filed and easily accessible for the internal users.
- Keep a complete and updated detailed list of all useful contacts for visa purposes: NIS (Nigeria Immigration services), travel agencies, embassies, etc.
- Prepare doodles (schedules) for expats arrival and departure for briefings and debriefings
- He/she is the main contact person with Nigerian travel agencies, for national and international flight reservations, quotations, and problem resolution.
- Briefing of new expats at their arrival: check-in, information about their stay and visa.
- Give expats all necessary information about their international travels: itinerary, health, COVID19-related regulations, etc.
- Higher National Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Administration / Human Resources or Communication related studies desirable.
- At least 2 years relevant professional experience including at least 1 years’ relevant experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Experience with liaising with the Nigerian Immigration
- Fluency in English Essential and any local language desirable
Competences / Skills:
- Literacy in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet), Commitment, flexibility, result and quality oriented, teamwork and stress management skills are essential.
Application Closing Date
19th January, 2023.
The Application must include:
- Complete CV with Cover letter and copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV
- Applicant Contact details and ID, and contact of references mentioned in the application.
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about familymember(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.