Continue your studies in Germany. Good news! The Max Planck Research School International PhD Scholarship is currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about the IMPRS PhD Scholarship, its benefits and the step-by-step application process.
The Max Planck Research School International PhD Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Health insurance, pension contribution and other social benefits are included in the contract. The net net salary of PhD students (after taxes and deductions) is a minimum of 1,700 euros per month.
The IMPRS Doctor of Science Program is open to international students who intend to pursue doctoral studies at the Max Planck International Research School in Germany. The International Max Planck Research School for Cellular, Developmental and Systems Biology trains talented young doctoral researchers based at three locations in Dresden, incorporating Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Informatics and working with top scientists from more than 50 countries to Ask: How are cells formed? tissues and organisms? Our PhD students are passionate about interdisciplinary science and seek new directions in studies.
At the Max Planck International Research School, we are looking for applications from skilled and innovative young researchers who are curious by nature and hungry for new alternatives under our study mission. Successful applicants have a burning ambition to shape the future of science and the ability to thrive in an extremely competitive interdisciplinary environment.
- Level of study: Doctorate (PhD)
- Institution(s): International Max Planck Research School
- To study in: Germany
- Courses offered:
- computer’s science
- Applied mathematics
- life sciences
- Program period: 4 years
- Term: Applications are accepted at any time.
The international doctoral scholarship of the Max Planck Research School provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The IMPRS-CellDevoSys guarantees full financial support for the entire duration of your PhD work, ie up to 4 years. PhD projects at IMPRS cannot be extended beyond 4 years.
- Financial support is granted through an employment contract. according to 65% TvöD E13 (German rate for employees in the civil service).
- Health insurance, pension contribution and other social benefits are included in the contract. The net net salary of PhD students (after taxes and deductions) is a minimum of 1,700 euros per month.
Eligibility Criteria for the Max Planck International Research School PhD Scholarship
To be eligible for the Max Planck International Research School PhD Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required language: English.
We recommend including TOEFL or IELTS results with your application, if available.
- Eligible countries: All the countries of the world
- Admission is based solely on previous scientific qualifications and future potential. This ensures that only the most qualified candidates are hired in a fair and transparent manner.
- You must have a college degree or have a scheduled graduation date before beginning your thesis work.
- Distinctive competence in textbook scientific knowledge is essential. Enthusiasm and camaraderie are also vital.
- Applicants must have, or anticipate receiving, a Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Engineering before beginning doctoral dissertation work. Applicants holding an excellent bachelor’s degree are also welcome to apply, as independent research and a written thesis are part of the curriculum.
- As English is the working language of the programme, applicants must demonstrate a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English. We recommend including TOEFL or IELTS results with your application, if available.
- Candidates previously affiliated with an IMPRS group for more than 3 months are considered “internal candidates”. In general, internal candidates are eligible for admission. They may join a research group for doctoral thesis work if the previous affiliation to said group did not exceed 12 months.
- Internal candidates must demonstrate outstanding performance and the highest potential to be invited to interviews.
- Evaluation process
- Completed eligible applications will proceed to evaluation. The first assessment takes into account the national education system of the applicants and is carried out by internal experts from the respective education system.
- In addition, we can conduct interviews by phone or Skype during the evaluation process. Qualified applications are recommended to faculty members for further evaluation. They jointly shortlist the candidates who will be invited to the interview week in Dresden.
How to apply for the Max Planck International Research School PhD Scholarship?
Follow the steps below to take advantage of this scholarship:
- Get acquainted with our research Y featured open positions
- make sure that you qualify and they are passionate about researching with us
- Ask 2 arbitrators to support your request
- complete the Application form
- Submit once your referees have contributed their recommendation.
For more information about the Max Planck International Research School PhD Scholarship, please visit the official website: official website