OAU Postgraduate Form: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, invites qualified candidates to apply for its Full-time and Part-time Postgraduate Programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session. She is known for her research quality, ICT-based teaching, and innovative disciplines.
The Postgraduate College fosters a conducive learning environment for developing critical, analytical, and reflective thinking skills. With opportunities for virtual learning and professional experience in industries within and outside Nigeria, OAU ensures the timely completion of all programmes.
Overview of the OAU Postgraduate Admission Form.
Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for full-time and part-time postgraduate programmes for the Harmattan Semester, 2022/2023 academic session.
The Postgraduate College at OAU is renowned for its quality research, ICT-based teaching, and learning within an environment that promotes collaboration, individualism, and innovation. As part of its commitment to meet 21st-century needs, the College has revised its functional and adaptive curricula to include qualitative and quantitative research, communication skills, data analysis, and report and proposal writing.
Before you proceed, check the list of OAU Postgraduate Courses.
OAU Postgraduate Form Admission Requirements
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
For the OAU postgraduate diploma programmes, an applicant should be:
- A graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University with at least a 3rd Class Degree.
- A graduate from any other approved university with a minimum of 2nd Class (Lower Division).
Master Degree Programmes
An applicant for Master’s degree programmes should possess not lower than a Second Class (Lower Division) Honours Degree from Obafemi Awolowo University or any other approved University.
Master of Philosophy Degree Programmes
For admission into the OAU Master of Philosophy degree programmes, an applicant must possess a Bachelor’s degree not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) with a Weighted Average of between 50 – 59% (C) at the Masters level OR a Master’s Degree with Long Essay and a weighted coursework average which shall usually not be less than 60% (B).
Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programmes
For admission into the OAU PhD degree programme, an applicant should be:
- A graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University or any other approved university who possesses a Master’s Degree with a research thesis and a weighted coursework average which shall normally not be less than 60% (B).
Additional Admission Requirement
Following the University regulations, all candidates must satisfy the ‘O’ Level requirements for enrollment into first-degree programmes of Obafemi Awolowo University, i.e., Five Credit passes in relevant subjects at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics (where required).
All applicants are required to prepare for a screening examination exercise.
Read also: MEST Africa Challenge 2023 for Early-stage Tech Startups.
OAU Postgraduate Form Admission Process
The OAU Postgraduate Form application process is entirely online. Applicants can follow the steps below:
- Visit the admissions website: https://apply.oaunetque.com/MemberLogin.aspx.
- Create an online account. An email will be sent with additional details, including a system-generated password.
- Sign in with the email and password to accurately fill out the pages of the application form.
- Click on Remita to pay the application processing fee.
- Applicants should thereafter forward relevant documents in support of their applications in duplicate to the Postgraduate College and the Department of Choice.
Documents Required for OAU Postgraduate Form Application
- Photocopy of University Degree Certificate
- Photocopy of NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Photocopy of ‘O’ Level Certificate (WAEC/NECO)
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- Marriage Certificate (Where applicable)
- A research proposal of not more than 3 pages for Master’s Degree applicants and not more than 5 pages for Ph.D. applicants
- Original transcript from the applicant’s University plus duly completed downloaded Obafemi Awolowo University Postgraduate College Transcript Label
The OAU Postgraduate Form application processing fee for all programmes costs N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira only), while all professional programmes cost N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira Only).
The completed application forms must be submitted online on or before September 8th, 2023. It’s important to note that applications without transcripts will not be considered, and any applicant whose original transcript does not reach the Postgraduate College before the admission exercise begins will not be admitted.
Successful applicants will receive their letters of admission through the email addresses supplied.
For further information as regards the OAU Postgraduate Form, visit the Postgraduate College Website at http://apply.oaunetque.com.
Please be aware that any candidate currently registered for a postgraduate programme in this University, who applies for admission into another postgraduate programme without disclosure on the application form or without Senate approval of withdrawal from the initial programme will automatically forfeit his/her studentship under the existing University Regulations.