The Kaduna State Police Command has denied rumors that a train bound for Kaduna was attacked by gunmen on Monday night.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige, told the Nigerian News Agency (NAN) in a telephone interview that the train from Abuja to Kaduna arrived safely.
However, he said that some criminals threw stones at the moving train around the town of Rijana, near Kaduna.
“It was not a bullet or a bow and arrow, what they launched are not aggressive weapons. It was not an attack, the train was moving. Our men in Rijana are aware of the situation, ”he added.
The command spokesman assured that a thorough investigation will be carried out and that anyone involved in the incident will be punished.
“So far no suspects have been arrested, but our men have been deployed to the area to track down the suspects,” Jalige said. (YAYA)
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in whole or in part without the written permission of NEWS.