Record Retention Intern at Mercy Corps Nigeria – Read this application guide carefully, the direct application link is just below this guide.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from withinnow, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Record Retention Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Internship
Reports Directly To: PaQ Manager
Works Directly With: Program Record Retention Focal Points
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Program / Department Summary
- Mercy Corps’ Program Performance and Quality (PaQ) Department supports the contextualization, implementation, and verification of Mercy Corps’ global standards, processes, and practices of program management through technical excellence and data-driven evidence.
- Its main functions include promoting compliance to all program standards in a collaborative and adaptable process for effective and efficient program management that meets the aspirations for which they were designed,strengthening the capacity of team members and promoting peer learning to ensure programs impact positively on the participants and attract more funding opportunities and nurturing innovative, sustainable, context-driven, evidence-based, and GESI transformative programming through collaboration, adaptation and cross learning.
- It covers compliance to [email protected]; technical support; strategic learning; reporting; the country office’s accountability system; monitoring, evaluation and learning; gender equality, disability and social inclusion (GEDSI); knowledge management and record retention.
- Mercy Corps retains records to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the agency. Most records created by employees, consultants, interns and volunteers, whether in electronic or paper form, are agency records which are organized, filed and maintained.
General Position Summary
- Mercy Corps’ Program Performance and Quality (PaQ) Department is looking for an intern who will support its record retention activities in the organization and maintenance of the shared drive. The Record and Retention Intern shall align with Mercy Corps’ commitment to ensuring a well-functioning record retention system.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Understand Mercy Corps policies, procedures, and record retention policy.
- Create sub-folders in the shared drive as per the revised filing tree.
- Review the shared drive folders to determine missing files and later share the feedback with program leads for action.
- Support the implementation of Mercy Corps’ record retention campaign.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by the country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of the policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Knowledge and Experience
- A Degree in Office Administration or any relevant course.
- Previous experience in this area is desirable.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- A clear understanding of record retention, good coordination and communication skills, as well as the willingness and ability to give feedback to other colleagues and ensure actions are taken.
- A high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in the handling of documents. The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required.
- A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines, and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
- Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges.
- We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
- We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis.
- We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have a sustained global impact.
- We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all.
- We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, colour, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
- Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC.
- We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members.
- part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to the Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct eLearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2022.
- Applicants should have their CVs and Cover Letters in one document not more than four (4) pages long, addressing the position requirements
- Female candidates who are qualified are strongly encouraged to apply.