Hungary’s reputation for high standards of living and work continues to attract expatriates seeking employment opportunities. For those considering moving to Hungary for work in 2024, understanding the complexities of the Hungary work visa application process is crucial. This step-by-step guide provides basic information on visa requirements and types and the application timeline.
Work visa requirements for Hungary in 2024:
International candidates residing outside the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) must obtain a work visa to work legally in Hungary.
Work visa exemptions for Hungary:
EU/EEA citizens are exempt from work visa requirements in Hungary. However, extended stay requires a residence permit for both EU/EEA nationals and EU/EEA nationals.
Reasons for obtaining a residence permit:
- Seasonal employment
- Pursuing profitable activity
- Public employment
- Professional workers (EU Blue Card)
Types of work visas in Hungary:
- For recruitment: It is issued to international candidates with a job offer from a Hungarian employer.
- For private business: For those who run a legal private company in Hungary.
- For seasonal work: Designed for individuals who work for a specific period of time or season.
- For professional workers: EU Blue Card, for qualified professionals or experts in their field.
Also Check: UK Skilled Worker Visa 2024: Benefits, Requirements and Costs
Documents for work visa in Hungary 2024:
To complete the application procedure, you need:
- A valid passport with two blank pages
- Completed application form
- Two passport-sized color photographs
- Medical insurance document (proving coverage of €30,000)
- Proof of residence
- A bank statement showing financial capacity
- An employment contract from the Hungarian employer
- Registration certificate for VOEN company (if self-employed)
- Reference of tax paid from the AR Department of Taxation for the last six months
Note: Additional documents may be required depending on the purpose of the application
Also Check: Switzerland Work Visa Process 2024: The Ultimate Guide
Basic information about the 2024 work visa in Hungary:
Processing time: Plan for a processing period of about three months or more for your work visa to be approved in Hungary.
- registration: Within the first three days of your arrival, register immediately with the Regional Directorate.
- Residence card: Obtaining a residence card, which facilitates freedom of movement within the country.
- health insurance: Start the application process for a health insurance card (Taj Card).
- Terminate the contract: Notify immigration authorities immediately of any termination of contract.
Cost: The Hungary work visa fee is €110.
Power: As of 2024, work visas in Hungary are generally valid for one or two years, while seasonal visas are typically valid for periods of 6 to 12 months.
Extension process: If you wish to extend your stay and work in Hungary, the extension process requires a payment of 95 euros. It is recommended to start your extension application at least 30 days before your visa expires.
family members: Your family members have the opportunity to accompany you on a family visa, allowing them to participate in study and work activities within Hungary.
Explore Job Opportunities in Hungary: Top Companies Offering Visa Sponsorship in 2024
Hungary’s thriving job market and high standards of living make it an attractive destination for expats looking for job opportunities. Securing a visa-sponsored job is a crucial step in the relocation process. Here are ten of the best companies in Hungary known for providing visa sponsorship to international candidates:
- Mall Group:
- OTP Bank:
- Audi Hungary:
- Ericsson Hungary:
- Wizz Air:
- IT Services Hungary:
- Mercedes Benz Hungary Manufacture:
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS):
- Morgan Stanley Hungary:
The Hungarian workforce requires careful preparation and strict adherence to the visa application process. This step-by-step guide seeks to provide you with essential information, ensuring a simplified application experience.
SEE MORE Fully Funded Scholarships