Supply and Logistics Officer at Oxfam Nigeria – Read this application guide carefully, the direct application link is just below this guide.
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply and Logistics Officer
Job Family: Supply and Logistics
Reporting to: Country Supply & Logistics Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Supply and Logistics Assistants
- To deliver Oxfam’s strategic and operational emergency/resilient food security and livelihood priorities in Nigeria and ensure innovative and quality programme which is shared within Nigeria, the West Africa Region and beyond.
- The Supply and Logistics officer provides technical support in procurement, logistics, fleet, assets, communications and office administration to ensure effective, transparent and accountable logistic support to the state based Oxfam staff and other project as may be assigned.
- Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate logistical consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation.
- Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution & procurement planning.
- This position would support multiple projects and work across teams
The Supply and Logistics Officer will perform the following specific duties:
Procurement and Supply:
- Oversee procurement requirements of the assigned project/office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with country for support.
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and logistics support functions, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
- Ensure the office is well stocked with necessary supplies stationeries and other consumables
- Engage suppliers and service providers with Framework agreements for recurrent procuements.
- Support program with the development of project supply plans and annual procurement plans.
- Support vendor selection processes and select top quality 3rd parties and partners based on predetermined criteria and set Oxfam standards.
- Study approved requisitions and raises any unclear issues with regards to specifications, delivery times with the respective requesting officers & partners.
- Ensure complete procurement documentations following receipt of goods and receipt of invoice with TIN (Tax Indentification Number) of the supplier(s).
- Implement and document Oxfam Novib standard procedures and practices of purchasing, and promote accountability of resources.
Transport & Fleet:
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation using TerrMar platform software.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling.
- Supervise drivers maintaining the vehicle fleet and coordinating vehicle allocation for staffs, partners and visitors.
- Supervise the work of the drivers to ensure proper vehicle allocations, tracking of vehicle related costs inclusive of monitoring maintenance/repair/service schedules and fuel.
- Ensure proper vehicle allocation.
- Maintain accurate and update vehicle files and ensure that mileage log sheets, vehicle repair records, service and related costs documentation are prepared using Terramar networks and used as required.
- Ensure monthly fuel usage reports for all vehicles are prepared and maintains proper file records.
- Ensure monthly spares usage and vehicle service reports.
- Ensure that vehicles are checked for road worthiness before any assignments
- Ensure that all vehicles liecence, drivers linecense and insurance are renewed and up to date
- Provide advice and support on vehicle repair and management
- Establish regular service schedule and ensure proper maintenance is carried out by liaising with vehicle garage or maintenance staff.
Asset & Facility Management:
- Prepare and register all fixed and non-fixed assets and equipment in the registers according to Oxfam procedures.
- Conduct periodical and annual inventory counting and reports to the S&LM manager according to Oxfam procedures.
- Keep track of all asset and equipment movements and updates assets and equipment registers
- Support assets management, replacement, and disposal; ensures timely and accurate asset disposal with proper documentation and entries in the registers.
- Prepare schedules to track lease expiry dates and rent payments and submit them from approval on agreed periodic basis.
- Overseeing repairs on office, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
- Support IT offcier in monitoring and escalating data network (internet) issues to ensure it is operational.
Warehousing and Stock Management:
- Ensure that all goods are packed safely and segregated according to their nature based on Oxfam standards
- Manage stock data and tracking systems in accordance with Oxfam Novib standard procedures
- Ensure receipt of goods is in good order as described on the purchase order and requisition ensuring relevant technical advice for receiving goods of specific technical nature
- Organise the loading /unloading of store goods when dispatching
- Carries out regular stock reconciliation and report any discrepancies to the line manager
- Ensure all health, safety and security precautions by all people involved in the store
- Ensure the timely maintenance of the warehouse and all equipment related to safe storekeeping
- Ensure store management policies and procedures are implemented in all programme locations including emergency response offices set up temporarily; ensure that there is no unauthorised access to store and the store area is smoke free
- Produce stock/warehouse management reports on a monthly basis or when required
- Update inventory database sequentially, number of units, serial no., description of property, project no. /voucher no., date acquired, purchase cost, condition, location, user, expected disposal date if applicable.
- Year End Inventory Verification
- Conducts annual physical count of property and maintain update file copy.
- Documents discrepancies from the previous inventory such as vehicle accident, damage, condition, location transfer etc.
- Maintain a general document-filing system of procurement and logistics docuements in accordance with Oxfam standards.
- Facilitate hotel bookings for Oxfam staff and visitors, follow-up the presentation of monthly bills and ensure that approved payment request is submitted in a timely manner.
- Oversee all arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively.
- Monitor the usage of utilities to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Monitor the usage of fuel for generator and ensure maintenance of generator takes place periodically
- Manage day-to-day upkeep of and administrations for agreements, including seeking resolution i.e for issues with IT, Internet system and phone lines.
Management & Reports:
- Line manage drivers and coordinate the activities of cleaners, guards and any other logistics support; hence managing performance on an on-going basis
- Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to programs and Abuja office as may be required
- Produce monthly logistics , fleet and generator report.
- Update Asset Register and send to Abuja office every bi-annually
- Comply with all relevant Oxfam policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Work in close collaboration with the finance departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
Skills and Experience
General and Technical Skills:
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Negotiating, Supply Management
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 3 – 4 years
- Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO an added advantage
- Experience in a relatively insecure state based environment
Skilss and Competencies
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- Holds self and others accountable
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Ability and willingness to support multiple projects and travel to projects location and stay in basic conditions when necessary
Based on the National Salary Scale of Oxfam Nigeria Country Office.
Application Closing Date
23rd July, 2022.