But Dr. Carson, instead of allowing his circumstances to dominate him, took charge of his attitude and actions, leading him to discover eight simple but revolutionary ideas that helped determine his future.
You’ve Got a Brain: A Teen’s Guide to THINKING BIG by Ben Carson [Download pdf Below]
In his book, “You’ve Got a Brain,” Dr. Carson breaks down the eight essential components of the acronym THINKBIG: talent, honesty, insight, being kind, knowledge, books, deep learning, and God. He recounts the experiences of people who exemplified these characteristics in their lives.
You’ll learn how to apply these THINKBIG concepts to your life through the guidance and real-world examples in these pages. This will allow you to embrace an extraordinary future full of fantastic successes, just like Dr. Carson.
You have a brain:
- There is a section with group discussion questions at the end of the book.
- It describes the eight fundamental components needed to succeed in big thinking: talent, honesty, insight, strong interpersonal skills, knowledge, books, deep learning, and God.
- It is written by Dr. Ben Carson, a renowned neurosurgeon and former presidential candidate, currently serving as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Educates young people of both sexes invaluable lessons to live a successful life.
- It is the ideal gift for students graduating from high school or college, as well as for birthdays and confirmations. It is a wonderful addition to young adult book clubs and study groups.