10 Things To Know About Maryam Laushi, Beautiful Wife Of BBNaija Star, Leo Da Silva
Leo Da Silva’s wife is none other than Maryam Laushi, an activist and advocate for women’s empowerment.
Ex-BBNaija star Leo Da Silva got tongues wagging over the weekend when the news of his traditional wedding to Maryam Laushi emerged.
In a tweet on Saturday, November 11, he revealed that he was in Kaduna for a wedding, but Airpeace Airlines had left his luggage in Lagos.
However, within minutes, word went out that he was attending his own wedding as photos and videos surfaced on social media.
We went digging and we were able to find out things about his bride, Maryam. She is a communications specialist and activist.
She is also one of the notable Northern voices raising awareness about gender equality, social justice, women’s empowerment, and youth inclusion in politics in recent times.
10 Things To Know About Maryam Laushi
Here are some things to know about Maryam Laushi.
1. Maryam Laushi was born in 1996 in Kaduna State.
2. Her father influenced her passion for activism at a young age.
3. She attended Coventry University in the United Kingdom, where she obtained her bachelor’s degree in advertising and media and her master’s degree in marketing management. She relocated to Nigeria after concluding her Masters degree program in 2017.
4. Maryam began her career as a research and social media assistant on Mallam Nasir El’ Rufai’s 2015 gubernatorial campaign.
5. She moved from Kaduna to Abuja, where she was hired as a new media manager at Leadership Newspaper Group, further advancing her career as a communications specialist.
6. She emerged as one of the awardees of the SME100 Nigeria’s 25 under-25 award for active citizenship and the Under 30s award for politics and governance.
7. She is a pioneer member of the Not Too Young To Run leadership team, a movement that advocated for the reduction of the age limit for running for elective offices in Nigeria. The movement was successful in getting the bill passed by the National Assembly and signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2018.
8. She was announced as the National Publicity Secretary of the Modern Democratic Party of Nigeria on March 26, 2018.
9. She volunteers for numerous non-profits, like the Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth,, and Advancement (YIAGA).
10. She met Leo at an event in 2018 after he left the Big Brother House.